- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $14.30 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
- Application Email:
Vacancy Announcement Number OC-EC-130
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade Bartender, NA-7405-03
Location Sundowner Club – NAF El Centro
Rate of Pay $14.30 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date 24 September 2018
Closing Date Open Continuous
Who May Apply All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES This position is located in the Food and Beverage Division in the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department. The primary purpose of this position is to operate a limited service bar such as portable bars for private parties and banquets. Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, receives and records payment at time of sale, and maintains inventory and stock. Ensures bar is in a presentable and sanitary condition. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and skill to mix and serve beverages from a bar
- Knowledge of the correct proportions and mixtures to use in preparing beverages according to the name request from patrons or cocktail attendants
- Ability to recognize intoxicated or unruly patrons and to resolve the problem or seek assistance if needed
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures; ability to collect tabs or chits in appropriate amounts and reconcile them with quantities and prices of items dispensed.
- Assists in taking inventory and maintaining records.
- Keeps bar area clean and keeps area stacked properly at all times.
- If selected at NA-03 level, incumbent may be non-competitively promoted to NA-04 level upon successful completion of training and meeting qualification and performance requirements
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY Submit a NAF employment application to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/elcentro/about/jobs/. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.