Food Service Worker
- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- 11.55 - Hourly (Locality Pay Incuded)
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
- Application Email:
Vacancy Announcement Number OC-EC-131
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade Food Service Worker, NA-7408-01/02/04
Location NAF El Centro
Rate of Pay $11.00/$11.55/$12.64 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Closing Date Open Continuous
Who May Apply All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES These positions are located in Dining Services in the Navy Region Southwest. The primary purpose of these positions is to perform routine food service preparation for dining facilities. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of basic food handling techniques
- Ability to follow verbal instruction and read and understand written instructions and material such as schedules, menus, and recipes
- Must have understanding of personal hygiene standards and simple food handling techniques such as wearing a hairnet, washing hands before cleaning food, and not touching rims of cups
- Must have the ability to work safely by moving carts without hitting things, stacking dishes, without mishaps, and wiping up spilled foods and liquids to prevent falls
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic may be necessary
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
NA-02, ALL OF THE ABOVE AND
- Skill to perform tasks with several steps and use judgment in the performance of sequential tasks
- Concentration is required to serve uniform individual portions and avoid distractions, such as when several people ask for different items at the same time
NA-04, ALL OF THE ABOVE AND
- 18 Years of age and High School graduate or equivalent
- Working knowledge of diet principles
- Working knowledge of sanitation standards and procedures to prevent contamination, such as the need to clean equipment previously used for raw food before further use and the need to use a chemical sanitizer or maintain proper water temperature when cleaning dishes
- Skill to overcome practical production problems, evaluate final food products, and initiate corrective action when an item does not meet established quality standards.
- Skill to develop standardized recipes for quantity cooking; able to expand and modify recipes according to the capacity of the equipment in the kitchen as well and in response to adjustments in the number of servings required.
- Ability to obtain a food handler’s card
- May require high school diploma and pre-employment physical
HOW TO APPLY Submit a NAF employment application to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/elcentro/about/jobs/. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office.
The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.