- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $13.19 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
- Application Email:
Vacancy Announcement Number OC-EC-141
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade Maintenance Helper, NA-4749-05
Location NAF El Centro – Navy Gateway Inns & Suites
Status Regular Full Time
Rate of Pay $13.19 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date 23 October 2018
Closing Date Open Continuous; First Cut Off Date: 01 November 2018
Who May Apply All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES These positions are located in the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation departments of Navy Regions Southwest. This is a training or worker position and may be tailored to fit any of the occupational trades. Serves as an assistant to higher grade maintenance worker/mechanic in maintaining all equipment and facilities in optimum operation condition. Assists in the performance of one or more trade practices associated with occupations such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, and other related trades. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of trade practices sufficient to complete simple tasks using common skills (plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting or air conditioning, cleaning, laborer)
- Knowledge of safety and environmental rules and regulations concerning procedures, equipment, commonly used chemicals and basic safety is required
- Familiarity with safe use of common hand and powered tools
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions
- Ability to carry out assigned work in accordance with instructions and specifications in assisting journeyman level worker
- Ability to use and maintain the basic tools and equipment pertinent to the various occupations
- Knowledge of the basic materials utilized in the performance of the various repair and maintenance activities in conjunction with the journeyman trades persons
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid state driver’s license
- Must possess basic math and reading skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY Submit a NAF employment application to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/elcentro/about/jobs/. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.