- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $14.83 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- RELOCATION EXPENSES NOT AUTHORIZED
- Application Email:
Vacancy Announcement Number OC-EC-142
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade Maintenance Worker, NA-4749-08
Location Navy Gateway Inns and Suites; NAF El Centro, CA
Status Regular Full Time
Rate of Pay $14.83 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date 19 November 2018
Closing Date Open Continuous; First Cut-Off Date: 02 December 2018
Who May Apply ALL SOURCES – RELOCATION EXPENSES NOT AUTHORIZED
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES These positions are located in the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation departments of Navy Regions Southwest. The purpose of this position is to perform facilities maintenance work, involving two or more of the skilled trades. Incumbent performs intermediate level tasks and works more independently as training and experience increase. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years of experience with demonstrated skill in two areas (Carpentry, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Painting). Knowledge in the applicable combination of trades sufficient to perform the duties of the position
- May be required to possess a valid state driver license, as travel to other facilities may be required within the normal scope of duties
- Knowledge of safety and environmental rules and regulations concerning procedures, tools, mechanical and electrified equipment, commonly used chemicals and basic safety work practices is required
- Must possess basic math and reading skills
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude; demonstrate effective communication skills; professionally interact with guests; answering guest questions concerning hotel facilities; and provide information about local attractions
- Provide assistance in handling customer complaints, involving management as necessary
- May be required to obtain a valid state driver’s license
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY Must submit a NAF application form. Applicants claiming spouse preference must complete a NAF Employment application and submit with valid PCS orders attached to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Participation in direct deposit upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.