Lead Front Desk Associate
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $13.50 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
- Application Email:
Vacancy Announcement Number EC-18-31
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade Lead Front Desk Associate, NF-0303-02
Location Navy Gateway Inn’s & Suites, NAF El Centro
Status Regular Full Time
Pay Range $13.50 Per Hour
Opening Date 03 December 2018
Closing Date Open Until Filled; First Cut-Off Date: 11 December 2018
Who May Apply All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES This position is located at the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites operations at NAF El Centro. The incumbent will lead employees performing the daily operations of the front desk and/or reservations functions for the lodging program. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 6 months (1 year preferred) work experience that demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, concepts, standards, regulations and administration related to customer service, reservations and/or front desk operations.
- Must understand the daily operations of a hotel and have a working knowledge using automated PMS
- Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and various software programs
- Ability to handle, control, and account for large amounts of cash
- Must possess basic math and reading skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms.
HOW TO APPLY Submit a NAF internal application or resume to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Internal applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Submitted applications and resumes will be retained for 180 days. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may not be interviewed.
DON NAF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants are required to successfully complete required background check and screening. Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to a reliable and productive Federal workforce.