The Naval Air Facility El Centro Housing Services Center mission is to provide housing support for all families and unaccompanied personnel moving to or departing from the El Centro area. Our goal is to help service members, both unaccompanied or those with families, locate suitable, affordable and safe housing. Browse the links below to learn more about housing options and support services available to you in El Centro.
The Housing Service Center’s trained professionals can help you choose the right housing to meet your needs, whether in Military Family or Unaccompanied Housing or in one of El Centro’s unique neighborhoods. The Housing Service Center (HSC) maintains a current database of available off-base community rental properties for homes, apartments and town-homes. Rental properties listed with the HSC are inspected for suitability by our housing referral professionals.
If you are leaving the area we can help you with departure services to put you in contact with your new duty station and the information that will help you settle quickly at your next PCS location.New Resources Available: If you are looking at renting or buying a home in the local community, there are new resources available on the Community Housing Page
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Temporary Housing Information
- Personalized Home, Condo and Apartment Finding Assistance
- Provide Rental Listings
- Verifying Eligibility and Processing Applications for Public-Private Venture (PPV) Military Housing
- Maintaining PPV Military Housing Wait List
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Housing Check-in
- Maps and Directions of Local Area
- Providing information on PPV and community housing at your new duty station
- Processing and faxing PPV housing application packages to your new duty station
- Real Estate Listing Services
- Telephones, photocopy and fax machines are available without charge
- View additional resources
Home Buying and Selling
Buying a home is one of the most complicated and expensive purchases you will ever make. Getting the best deal on the purchase can reduce the life of the loan costs by thousands of dollars. Housing Services Center counselors can provide you with complete, objective and unbiased information on the home buying process.