Custodial Worker/ Housekeeper/Laundry Worker
- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- 12.60 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
- Application Email:
Vacancy Announcement Number OC-EC-120
Job Title, PPlan, Series, & Grade Custodial Worker/ Housekeeper, NA-3566-02, Laundry Worker, NA-7304-02
Location Navy Gateway Inns and Suites – NAF El Centro
Rate of Pay $12.60 Per Hour or Appropriate Step
Opening Date 16 September 2019
Closing Date Open Continious
Who May Apply All Sources- Relocation Expenses Not Authorized
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES This position is located at the Navy Gateway Inns and Suites operation at NAF El Centro CA. The purpose of these positions are to perform a variety of adequate and timely custodial or laundry services. The work directly contributes to the military members, retirees, civilians and family member's quality of life, mission readiness and contributes to job satisfaction and retention of valuable members. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to apply general knowledge of cleaning procedures and proper use of cleaning equipment and approved, commonly used chemicals (including MSDS) and adherence to basic safety policies is required
- Must have ability to perform moderately strenuous physical labor as unassisted lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment weighting up to 45 pounds is required
- May require high school diploma and pre-employment physical
- Must possess a welcoming manner and positive attitude
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English both verbally and in writing with management, staff and guests
- Must meet Federal Employment suitability requirements and successful completion of background investigation. Background Investigations are conducted using fingerprint identification and completion of background inquiry forms
HOW TO APPLY Submit a NAF employment application to the NAF Human Resources Office, Building 3210, Anchors Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base, San Diego, 2375 Recreation Way, San Diego, California 92136-5518 or fax to (619) 556-9537. Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Submitted applications will be retained for 90 days. For more information, visit our website at http://navylifesw.com/elcentro/about/jobs/. Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or submit all required forms may not be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. As a condition of employment participation in direct deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon employment is required.
Dept. of the Navy NAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case-by-case basis.
Navy Region Southwest is a drug-free workplace. The use of illegal drugs by NAF employees, whether on or off duty, cannot and will not be tolerated. Federal employees have a right to a safe and secure workplace. Sailors and their family members have a right to reliable and productive Federal workforce.